Good Day and Thank you for joining us here as we attempt to explain Parental Alienation, what it is and the long term harmful effects that it causes.
Many people say children are resilient, that they bounce back. While that may be true for the most part, that is most often not true for cases of parental Alienation.
Unfortunately this is an irreparable abuse that permanently effects the long term relationship of the alienated parent and child. It is NOT something we should be overlooking and it is NOT something that is acknowledged often enough in situations of family violence and abuse. It is not acknowledged when the target of the abuse leaves or flees the abusive situation. However it IS often used AGAINST the target.
I found a great article to start with this week. I will post the link to the article in the information below the video, but I will start with reading a few pieces of information directly from it, regarding behaviors and side effects of Parental Alienation.
The 17 primary parental alienation strategies fall into five general categories:
(1) poisonous messages to the child about the targeted parent in which he or she is portrayed as unloving, unsafe, and unavailable;
(2) limiting contact and communication between the child and the targeted parent;
(3) erasing and replacing the targeted parent in the heart and mind of the child;
(4) encouraging the child to betray the targeted parent's trust; and
(5) undermining the authority of the targeted parent. Taken together these parental alienation strategies foster conflict and psychological distance between the child and the targeted parent. When one parent engages in these behaviors they can be considered a toxic ex.
Children who reject one parent to please the other parent are referred to as alienated or as having the parental alienation syndrome. They will express most if not all of the 8 behavioral manifestations:
(1) campaign of denigration of the targeted parent
(2) weak, frivolous, or absurd reasons for the rejection of the targeted parent;
(3) lack of ambivalence towards both parents in which one is viewed as all good and the other as all bad;
(4) lack of remorse for the poor treatment of the targeted parent;
(5) reflexive support for the favored parent;
(6) use of borrowed scenarios;
(7) the "independent thinker" phenomenon; and
(8) spread of animosity towards the friends and family of the targeted parent.
Thanks to the efforts of a growing number of dedicated mental health and behavioral clinician-scientists, PA is gaining acceptance as a recognized disorder. It has been proposed as a search term in ICD-11 (QE52.0 Caregiver-child relationship problem).
The concept of PA is described in DSM-5, even if it is not listed as a formal diagnosis. The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the American Academy of Pediatrics have both included discussion of PA in society guidelines.
This is a very serious and overlooked health concern, due to the direct negative impact it has on the individuals involved.
To learn more, please watch the YouTube videoseries, follow our weekly blog or join our community groups to connect with others who understand the struggle of Parental Alienation.
GemmaCert delivers a unique hybrid testing solution that combines leading-edge Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-endorsed near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) – a scientific measurement technique that measures how the near-infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum is emitted, absorbed, or scattered through a cannabis sample – together with visual image analysis, extensive data science, and machine learning.
“GemmaCert originally developed our testing technology for patients that depend on home- or smaller-grow operations, but were blind to the quality and potency of their medicine,” said Guy Setton, CEO and co-founder of GemmaCert. “As we’ve demonstrated our technology across the industry, we discovered there is a need for access to highly-accurate test results, even if they are not from a certified testing lab. For instance, commercial cultivators and processors want to use GemmaCert for internal quality control, research and development, as well as for transactional purposes. Not all testing needs to go to an external lab.”
GemmaCert (formerly known as CannabiTech) is a private biotechnology company, based in Israel since 2015, aiming to become a market leader in cannabis composition and potency analysis. GemmaCert’s skilled team of chemists, molecular biologists, biotechnologists, data scientists and programmers work tirelessly to advance cannabis analytical solutions. In the long run, GemmaCert’s breakthrough technology will enable patients and doctors to correlate cannabis composition with specific health conditions, significantly enhancing therapeutic treatment by cannabis and transforming the medical cannabis industry.
Monday to Friday this blog is packed with content to expand your understanding. We dig into some of the harder discussions and helpful solutions!!